Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Crazy Holiday 2011

I was overly ambitious this last holiday. I wanted to get the kids out of the house as much as possible and they did and so did I. I had forgotten to include the logistics and ended up each day with multiple trips ferrying them to and fro the different places and having short breaks in between. I ended up in school most of the mornings than I would like to have during holidays and sometimes ended up spending time playing with their baby cousin before fetching one of the kids from their classes. Below is a summary of what the program was like during the holidays, more or less, cos some I've already forgotten some!

Swimming for Kyle every morning from 9-11 at either Yio Chu Kang, Hougang or Toa Payoh stadium
Swimming for Meryl on Tuesdays
Meryl's 4 days Art Camp at NAFA end of November from 8.30-5.30 pm
Cartoon Drawing classes 3 days at Kallang CC
Meryl's jewellery making class at Kallang CC
Kyle's Tennis class on Saturdays at STTA
Aikido every Friday and Sunday
Badminton every Wednesday at AVCC
1 week Vietnam trip - Ho Chi Minh, Vung Tau
Meryl's birthday Party
Christmas Parties @ Mel's @Pansy
New's years countdown party@Pansy

On the whole it was a crazy 2 month, But on the bright side, my son put on 5kg as a result of his swim class and is sporting a lovely tan (ok, more like chow tar-burnt). and Meryl had a wonderful time at her art camp despite her getting cold feet on the first day. She ended up making friends with the big che che (sisters) that she insisted that I invite them for her birthday. Our Vietnam trip went off wonderfully well and the 2 kids not not suffer, contrary to what their daddy feared, any diarrhea but enjoyed the food and massages that they got there. In fact I was worried that they may have developed an addiction! The family photo shot that I planned also turned out beautiful despite my initial concerns and my hubby's grumblings and for a mere$400, complete with an album of 40 pictures and a big family potrait. The visits to the orphanages and old folk's home was also an experience i think the kids will not forget easily.

No comments: