Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Kyle's 1st Crush

Kyle's 1st Crush

Although he appears pretty boisterous and loud sometimes, Kyle can be painfully shy too. He is at an age where he is feeling self-conscious and very sensitive to what others say/look at him. Take for instance a few Sundays back when we went for Aikido class. We arrived at the HQ only to find that they were conducting grading on that day. Everyone was wearing a vest indicating a number. Immediately my son pulled my hands and asked me to go home in whispers. I told hi that I wanted to stay to see how grading is conducted but he made a fuss. Then he asked me to quickly give him his home clothes so that he could change out of his uniform because he was worried what others would think. My girl on the other hand was non-plussed and went on to see the grading.

Last Wednesday, after we returned back from our weekly badminton session, we shared the carpark lift with a sweet young lady of petite built with a Japanese doll haircut. Her face was fully made-up and she was dressed in office attire. Initially we did not sense anything amiss until we stepped out of the lift. He hid behind my hubby's back while walking along the footpath and my hubby was trying to get him to stop doing that. He got irritated at one point because he did not know what mischief he was up to. It was only when we entered the main lift and he continued hiding behind my hubby with a shy smile that we realised what was happening!

We made a comment about whether he was acting like that because of the pretty girl and he actually giggled. The lady was a little bit embarrassed and tried to smile it off. When we got home, my hubby told him that it is normal to be shy and there will be more to come when he grows older. He was exceptionally quiet and tried to brush off the whole incident. At least now we know what kindof girl he will fall for!!

No comments: