Tuesday, September 06, 2011

My sensitive girl

It was a Tuesday night and we had nothing on in the evening so I suggested going to Swensons for dinner. The only problem was that Kyle was having a bit of sore throat and I had warned him that he can only eat baked rice or pasta as he had a swim competition that weekend. As predicted he made a huge fuss about wanting to eat his chicken tenders.

My girl cheerfully opted to eat cream sauce pasta while the boy went on and on about how he loves the chicken tenders, how juicy it is and how his throat is ok. It got on our nerves and I conceded by saying that I will order one and he can only have 2 pieces. Then he went on about why Meryl can get to eat more and he can have only 2 pieces and that mummy is so unfair.

He just couldn't get it when I told him that Meryl wasn't even asking for chicken tenders and the sole reason why I even ordered it in the first place was because I couldn't bear to see him so disappointed. In the end I put my foot down and decided to ban him from it totally.

He didn't get to eat any except for a small bite that my hubby gave him. I kept 1 piece for Meryl. Instead of eating it, she gave it to her brother. I asked her why. This was her reply.

'I want to make Kor Kor happy.'

Then she whispered to me this, 'Mummy, I give it not because I don't like it. I actually love to eat it too but I think Kor Kor really wants to eat it so I give it to him to make him happy.'

I only wish my son can understand how thoughtful his sister is towards him and extend to her the same treatment.

No comments: