Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hectic Week

A Hectic Week

Never in my life have I imagine that so many things can happen in a short span of a week. I am truly drained of all energy, both emotionally and physically.

The week started fairly uneventfully with the usual lessons in school and then on Tuesday I was on childcare leave as Meryl was not feeling well and had to go to the doctor's. On Wednesday, Kyle also had a short bout of fever in the evening which was rather sudden. As usual he demanded the usual pampering, such as massaging his tummy, applying vicks on the sole of his feet etc. Thankfully, his fever subsided and he was up and going the next day. On Wednesday it was my turn. I suspect that the virus was going around and my throat was again first to succumb. I had fever on Wednesday night and had to forfeit my weekly badminton game and stayed at home to rest. I made myself many kinds of flu tea and the fever subsided and I resolved to go to school the next day as I had planned some remediation lessons with my classes. But fate had a different plan for me.

On Thursday morning, I was awakened by the vibration of my phone at 4.40am in the morning. It was to be the most shocking news of the week...to be continued..

No comments: